Who else would like an easy method to truly alter their life? Rather than simply managing each day, you’ll discover that your life can really be remarkable when you concentrate on the favorable options you have instead of the restraints posed by your difficulties.
What is this life-changing miracle you speak of?
We are talking about the 10-Day Negative Thought Fast, developed by Emmett Fox, among the most popular self-help authors and speakers of the early 20th century. Believe me, it is an experience you’ll enjoy a lot.
For the next ten days, here are the guidelines:
10 Consecutive Days…No Cheating
1. You should begin the 10 days over from the start if you break any of the other guidelines. To obtain the complete impact, you should finish 10 successive days. Quitting unfavorable ideas is a little like quitting a drug; you’ve got to stop utilizing them totally, otherwise you have not really given them up.
The Five-Minute Rule
2. Like the 3-minute rule when it comes to food on the floor, you can not concentrate on an unfavorable idea or stay in an unfavorable emotion for more than 5 minutes. Preferably, the time must be much shorter. 5 minutes is really a lot of time to acknowledge exactly what’s going on and stop it. Keep in mind, even one circumstance of sticking around for more than 5 minutes means you have to begin again.
Always Seek an Exit
3. Just like when you go to a shady party or night club (or did when you were younger and more of a risk taker), scope out all your exits. You need to concentrate on options. When the negative ideas begin, the concept is to instantly begin considering possible alternatives. Invest your time fixing your difficulties rather than concentrating on them.
– If you’re like many people, you’ve most likely had the exact same obstacles for a long time without resolution. It’s time to attempt something else rather than focus on what you already know is incorrect.
This sounds stealthily simple; however you might marvel how challenging it is to quit negative thinking. We have the tendency to believe that stressing assists us in some crazy way. You’ve most likely been stressing about a lot of things for a long time and they have not changed for the better.
When you’re confronted with an unfavorable idea (and there will be numerous!), the very best reaction is to believe in yourself and ask, “How can I change this difficulty or resolve it?” The point is to instantly start concentrating on solving problems. You’ll get great responses from the universe when you ask great questions.
Over the 10 days, you’ll start to form a routine of instantly acknowledging a negative frame of mind then concentrating on solutions for exactly what you feel adversely about. You’ll establish an irreversible routine that will just need a little bit of upkeep to continue fasting from negative thoughts after the 10 days are finished.
Don’t beat yourself up if you need a number of tries to finish the complete fast for a consecutive 10 days. It’s typical to have many slips on the first day and after that a couple of others later on . Keep in mind, you’re concentrating your focus and energy on solutions and inadvertently tapping into the vast store of answers within your subconscious mind.
Practical Steps to Taking Your Focus Away From A Negative Thought
One method to assist you in keeping the unfavorable, negative ideas at bay is to ask yourself positive questins like the following:
– What’s excellent about today?
– What do I like the most about this?
– What am I most happy with?
– What am I most eagerly anticipating?
There’s no space for the negativity if you’re constantly filling your mind with favorable thoughts and ideas. And because multitasking is a myth (we can really only think about one thing at a time), taking control of your ideas makes good sense.
Truly embark on this fast and see if it does not alter your life. Attempt this 10-day purposeful experience. You’ll be so astonished at the outcomes that you’ll never ever wish to return to the old method of constant stress and focus on the difficulties (vs solutions) in your life. Begin this fast today and begin down the path of altering your life for the better.
Let us know about your experience on the fast in the comments below. How hard was it? Did you have to start over? How do you feel having done it? What do you notice about your life?