Have an event or project that needs fundraising? It’s not a daunting task if you remember that fundraising is all about connecting with people, whether in person or reaching out to an extended audience through social media networking. Get started towards your fundraising goals today!
Five Fundraising Tips
1. Get five people to sponsor a casual meal get together, coffee or evening out in their homes. Ask them to request another ten or twenty people to attend. Following the social part of the outing, take a few minutes to discuss the fundraising project and its needs. See if each individual might be interested in giving their skills, some time or cash to the cause.
2. Make your message real with video and photos, personalized emails, and connecting through social media. Be sure to always advertise your online sites on print materials such as business cards.
3. Order low cost business cards that list a link to the fundraising website. Hand out the cards to everyone and everywhere you can.
4. Launch your fundraising plan via email, especially if your donors are yougn people. Be sure to keep the email short and sweet.
5. Attend as many functions in person as you can. Get on event mailing lists and follow people on sites like linked in and twitter.