Charles William Eliot, educational reformer and noted President of Harvard (1869-1909), once said:
“Be an expert in your line. The woman who knows how to sew on a button so it will not come off is an expert.”
Here are six basic success tips to always keep in mind as you set about achieving your goals. While these success tips are geared towards entrepreneurs, they equally apply to those seeking to achieve in any endeavor, be it a business, career advancement, or personal development.
Six Success Tips
1. There are two requisites for achieving prosperity and success: consistent quality of your product or services and your own personal conviction that you will achieve success.
2. Whether your product is of hands, heart or brain, it must be at first the best, and always the best. Certainty is the only allowable quality (as opposed to chance). Whatever we do must be the best of which we are capable; our work will grow stronger as our natures do. Your standard is not some other person’s work but the best of which you are capable.
3. Be businesslike with yourself and with others. Make accurate estimates of your expenses (or investment of time and resources) so you do not cheat yourself. Write everything down. At any moment, you should know exactly how much money you have made, or how much closer you are to your goal. A little extra care in the beginning will pay in the end.
4. Be confident of your success and you cannot fail to inspire others with confidence.
5. Everyone has some talent, something that you can do well. It often lies dormant and untapped. Search for it! What some call “luck” is the chance that everyone encounters, but only some are aware enough to see and grasp.
6. There are hundreds of ways to earn money. There is at least one way suited to you. If you need to be self-supporting, find the way; don’t delay. Do it now!
A word to those who work for pleasure: As it is not necessary for you to earn your living why not, if you have the ability and desire, find someone who needs help to become independent. Combine your talents with theirs and help them achieve financial freedom and personal success.
To your success!